What is Fruit Juice..?
- Fruit juice is 100% pure juice made from the flesh of fresh fruit or from whole fruit, depending on the type used. It is not permitted to add sugars, sweeteners, preservatives, flavorings, or colorings to fruit juice.
- Fruit juices are usually described as:
- From concentrate
- Not from concentrate
- Freshly squeezed
a) Fruit juice from concentrate
- Juice is extracted from the fruit and the water content is reduced—by evaporating off the water naturally present—in the country of origin. The concentrated juice is usually frozen and shipped to the country of use for packing. Fruit juice packers then reconstitute the juice by adding back the water.
b) Not from concentrate juice
- Juice is extracted from the fruit in the country of origin and then lightly pasteurized and frozen, chilled, or aseptically transported to the country where it will be packed.
c)Freshly squeezed juice
- Juice is extracted from the fruit and used immediately.
- According to business experts and market research, the current market size for the fresh fruit juice business in India is around 3200 crore. The market is estimated to grow at the rate of 25%-30%, owing to factors like urbanization, increasing disposable income, and the entry of organized players into the market. The majority of the fresh fruit juice business in India is still unorganized and dominated by roadside shops, run by sole proprietors. However, organized players have begun penetrating Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities in India by establishing fresh fruit juice chains and distributing pre-packaged fresh fruit juices.
- Within the beverages market, packaged fruit juice is one of the fastest-growing products. It has grown at a CAGR of over 30% over the past decade. At present, the Indian packaged juices market is valued at Rs 1100 crore and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15% over the next three years.
- The rising number of health-conscious urban consumers is giving a boost to fruit juices. Juices are healthy only when prepared hygienically. So the hygiene-conscious people are only buying packaged fruit juices from the companies that have trusted brand value in the market.
- Growing affordability and rising disposable income are also responsible for the growing demand for fruit juices in the Indian market. Last but not least, the boom in retail merchandising and eCommerce plays major growth drivers in the fruit juice market in India. Thus, we can conclude, small, medium or large-scale fruit juice production is a profitable investment opportunity for new entrepreneurs
- Create a Business Plan
- A business Plan should be made keeping in mind the expenses and earnings. By having a business plan, the entrepreneur will save himself from being in the dark or the challenges in business will already solve a solution to the difficulties as the business plan will help the entrepreneur to give information about the fluctuations in his business. A good business plan, where the entrepreneur will be informed about his financial goals, will also provide information about the size of his business.
2. Choose a Location for Fruit Juice Processing Factory
- When choosing a location, the entrepreneur has to take care of different things, even in the nearby places, how much juice is used every day and how much percent of the juice will be sold in the Target Market, also has to be analyzed. Initially, the entrepreneur should start with the low Plant Capacity so that the entrepreneur can increase his plant capacity along with the sale. While selecting the location, it is very important to keep in mind that whether the basic features like electricity, water, road, manpower exist in that location. Apart from this, the assistance and support given by the government are also to be considered.
3. Name your Fruit Juice Processing Business
- Selecting the name should be based on the points discussed previously. Make sure to keep the name simple and friendly to remember. Adding a personalized touch is always advisable, but it is easy to recall.
- Select a name for your business that is catchy and easy to remember for people. In addition to this, check whether a relevant domain name is available or not if you intend to make a website.
4. Make the Business Legally Compliant
- In order to start Fruit Juice business In India, the entrepreneur is required to get various types of registration, in which FSSAI license and GST registration is mandatory. The entrepreneur wants that he should choose one of the different business entities in the Registrar of companies. After that, get a license to deal with the local authority such as the municipality, municipal council etc. If the entrepreneur wants to get the benefit of various schemes introduced by the Government of India for small industries, then it can also register its business in the industrial base. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) license and tax registration is mandatory to do this business. Apart from this, if the entrepreneur wants that his business logo and brand should not be used commercially by any other company or person then the entrepreneur should also register his Trademark.To start a fruit juice production business in India, you will need to obtain different registrations and licenses from Govt authorities. These are as follows:
- Firm registration with ROC
- Trade License from local Municipal authority
- MSME Udyog Aadhaar Registration
- FSSAI registration
- GST registration
- Compliance with the FPO act is mandatory.
Additionally, you must maintain the guidelines such as location and surroundings of the factory, sanitary and hygienic conditions of premises, personnel hygiene, portability of water, machinery & equipment with installed capacity, quality control facility & technical staff, product standards, limits for preservatives & other additives, etc.
5. Machine & Equipment for Fruit Juice Processing
The Fruit Juice Processing Plant is basically composed of:
- Reception, Washing, Sorting & Inspection Section
- Pulping, Crushing, Concentrating Section
- Sugar Syrup Preparation Section
- RTS Tubular Pasteurising/ Homogenising Section.
- Packaging Section
6. Cost of Starting Fruit Processing Unit
- The cost will obviously depend on the size and the production capacity of the unit. One can start a Fruit Juice processing Plant with as low as Rs 3,00,000 to 15,00,000
7. Fruit Juice Manufacturing Process
- Fruit elevator: Used to transmit fruits from low position to high position, and connect 2 adjacent procedures. Usually placed between fruit sorter and washer or after the fruit sorter.
- Fruit washer: Classified into fruit surfing washing machine and brush spray washing machine. Used for clean and roughly selection of fruits and vegetables, especially those hard to clean, like carrots.
- Fruit crusher: classified into hammer crusher and squirrel-cage crusher. Used for primary crusher of fruits and vegetable.
- Preheat machine: used to soften raw materials, eliminate enzyme, and protect color.
- Fruit pulping machine: Used to pulp kernel fruits and extract juice or puree, such as mango, peach, strawberry, apricot, tomato, raspberry, and kiwi fruit.
- Juice extractor: Includes spiral juice extractor and belt juice extractor. Applies to kernel fruits like apple, pear and mango, with high juice yield rate.
- Vacuum concentrator: Includes climbing film and falling film juice concentrating pan, external circulating fruit jam concentration machinery.
- Tube-in-tube pipe sterilizer: use steam, hot and cold water as heat transfer agent, applies to raw materials with medium and low viscosity.
- filling machine: Accomplish the process of opening cover, canning, metering and sealing.
8. Promote your Products
- The market you products to retailers, such as convenience stores, restaurants, supermarkets, petrol station, grocery store chain, parks, etc. Also, you can find agencies in charge of the distribution and sales in certain areas. If you only sell concentrated juice to juice drink manufactures, you’d better establish long-term cooperation with several major manufacturers.
- Brand your products through website, TV, media, outdoor advertising, event planning, and trade exhibition. Design appealing packages and new tastes to attract customers.
- Quality and attractive packaging play an important role in product promotion. Because it helps to create good visual aspects. So a durable and attractive packaging is a must for this business. Additionally, the overall success of this business depends on the wide distribution network. However, try to tap the local market first.
- Create a website and go online. And then concentrate on expanding. Additionally, focus on institutional selling. In any sort of consumer food product item, outdoor advertising and television add to play a big role.
- However, ensuring the availability of your product in every possible retail location is the most crucial aspect for a successful fruit juice manufacturing company.